Monday, December 15, 2008

Anyone want a cute puppy!?!

So this weekend, on our anniversary weekend, we decided that we are going to get rid of our puppy. I have many mixed feelings about this, but I know it is the right choice. My parents bought a cottage this past summer and we don't want to always have to come home from work and pick him up and worry about bringing him somewhere before heading out to the cottage when we are out there for the week. He is the cutest thing and has a lot of energy!!Maybe too much!!! I have to be honest right?? He is cooped up in his cage all day long while we are at work and just has not gotten the concept of peeing and pooping outside. We know this is because we are gone for 8-9 hours a day, everyday and he can't hold it, he is so stinkin small!! We also are getting rid of him because we just have so much going on in the next couple months and we don't want to always bring him to Kyle's parents and have them deal with him.
He is 9 months old and just needs a loving family with patience!!!
$400
We paid $700 for him and got him neutered and all his shots are up to date. It would make a perfect Christmas gift for kids!!! :)






6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute animal. However, you and your husband should of realized the commitment it takes to have an animal. I really do not like the way you say "get rid of him" Do you know how many animals are unwanted in this world? If you would of thought about your choice to bring him into your home BEFORE you decided to "get rid of him" he would already be in a loving, wanting home.
I seriously hope you are not ready to have children yet!

Anonymous said...

i would have to say that i 100% agree with the last comment...that puppy deserves a loving home and you should have thought about that first! What are you going to do when you have kids and they inconvience you...sell them too?

Mindy Roelofs said...

no one said anything about not loving him. You obviously don't know who we are because if you did,you would know the main reason on why we need to sell him. Does that sound better than getting rid of him?

Alli said...

Who is this anonymous...some crazy person? It seems like Mindy wants to find her pup a new home because she loves him enough to know he needs more than what she can give him right now. I believe that is a very wise decision, even though she sounds heart broken over it. Obviously she loves the dog...look at him all over her blog.
Sorry, Mindy, just thought you needed some defense in that. I'm a follower of your sisters blog and check in to see how you are doing to. I think it is a great thing what you did for your sister. You are an amazing person! God Bless and Merry Christmas. I'm sure you'll find a great home for your little guy!

B's Mom said...

Holy smokes! I am an animal lover like no other. I have three dogs. I take them on vacation, dress them, buy the Christmas presents. Since not being able to have anymore children they have become my babies.

It always makes me laugh when I hear people ask you what will happen when you have kids, asking if you will sell them too. That would apply if you actually bought your kids! A dog is not a child. It's not fair to make you feel bad because you are unable to keep him. I would be heartbroken if I had to get rid of one of my dogs- but I would do it if I knew it was what was really best for them. It would kill me, but I love them enough to do what's right for them.

Have you found him a home yet?

Anonymous said...

Did you ever find your puppy a home? I am a stay at home mom in the GR area who may be willing to foster your puppy for you until you could find a permanent home for him as long as he got along with my 2 dogs. My 6lb Pomeranian took 3 years to potty train... sometimes it takes the little guys years for their bladders to fully mature.

I am an animal lover/advocate and just want to point out to Anonymous that if an animal is not working in a home it's far better for all involved to rehome than getting to the place where you are living life resenting the animal. I think Mindy must love her little guy more than you know to recognize that it isn't working and wanting to do what is best for the dog. More people should be like her, look through her blog she has pictues posted of him all over the place. I believe she REALLY does LOVE her dog and wants what is best for him.

(I found your blog through your sisters, I found your sister blog through Nicole's blog, I I found Nicole's blog through my sister who went to highschool with Nicole. Hope that makes sense)

Ally,
tjaksv (at) yahoo (dot) com