Friday, October 17, 2008

I miss her

Now that I have been home for a few days now , I was able to look back at Katie's blog and looked at the posts that she has written. Most of the ones that I looked back on were ones that were written while I was still in the hospital, still recovering and sleeping alot. So I didn't really have much time to look at the posts in depth at all. After reading the posts that both Robb and Katie have posted and seeing the pictures, I realize how much I want to be there with her still. I was there with her in the pre-op room waiting to go into surgery as we tried to come up with a name for my kidney that was going to be given to her. She was there for me while I had my I.V put in(which I was scared about and she knew that). We were in the same hospital only 3 floors in between us for the first phone call between us after the surgery but wanted to be right in the same room so I could see how she was doing. I took a walk with her, I watched TV with her, I laughed with her(even though it hurt both of us to laugh)and even though I was so ready to get home to my own house, my own bed, what I wouldn't give to be back there with her so I could walk with her and watch TV with her again. It's hard to just share e-mails back and forth when all you want to do is see her and just talk about what we went through. It was an amazing experience and gift that I could give her and I want that gift, Paco (which is what we named the kidney) to do amazing things for Katie and that God will bring her home to us soon!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mindy!
I am glad to hear that you are doing well...Ryan says that you are back to working 1/2 days. What an awesome and selfless gift that you gave to Katie! You have given her a second chance at life! Hang in there! We are still praying for you guys!
-Ryan and Lydia

Anonymous said...

Mindy Sue, Dad and I are sooo proud of you and being so brave to give one of your kidneys to Katie. What a gift. Katie is doing so much better now and recovering good. Hope your doing good and not over doing it. You need to still take it easy without me being there. We will be home soon with Robb and Katie. Love, Dad & Mom